Tourism to Ayodhya
About Ayodhya city
Ayodhya is one of the popular and sacred place for Hindus Prigrims in Uttar Pradesh. It is situated on the river bank of the Saryu and Ghaghra. Every year many Hindus visit to this place for the worship of Lord Rama. This place is mainly associated with the Lord Rama as he had taken birth on this place. Hence, he was the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Ayodhya covers the area of about 10.24 Sq. km with the approx. population of 40642 (1991 census). This place is situated at the 26.90 metres above the sea level. It is only 6 Km away from the Faizabad. So, this is all about the basic details of the city.
Places of Interest in Ayodhya city
1) The Hanuman Garhi – It is situated in the centre of the town. It is said that Hanuman lived here in the cave. It is one of the popular shrine in Ayodhya.
2) Kanak Bhawan – It is also know as Sone ka ghar where images of Sita and Shri Ram wearing gold crowns.
4) Swarg Dwar – It is said that Lord Rama have been cremated here.
5) Mani Parbat and Sugriv Parbat
6) Trete ke Thakur
7) Nageshwarnath Temple
Other places of interest includes Rishabhadeo Jain Temple, Brahma Kund, Amawan Temple, Tulsi Chaura, Laxman Quila, Angad Tila, Shri Rama Janaki Birla Temple, Tulsi Smarak Bhawan, Ram ki Paidi, Kaleramji ka Mandir, Datuvan Kund, Janki Mahal, Gurudwara Brahma Kund, Ram Katha Museum, Valmiki Ramayan Bhawan, Raja Dashrath Samadhi sthal Purabazar Faizabad, Shringi Rishi Ashram Mahboobganj Faizabad, etc.
Fair Festivals in Allahabad city
1) Ram Leela – It is one of the popular and famous fair festival in Allahabad city. Ram Leela is the enactment of the story of Lord Rama. It is believed that it is first started by the great Saint Tulsidas. The performance is based and presented on the stage. Hence, Ayodhya is popular for mandali Ram Lila.
2) Ram Navmi Mela – Ayoudhya is a sacred prigrim centre for Hindus. On the occasion Ram Navmi, thousands of worshippers visit to this place to worship Lord Rama.
4) Sravan Jhula Mela
Travel information to visit Ayodhya city
If you are thinking to visit Ayodhya by rail then the details of the Rail transportation are –
Ayodhya Railway Station; Enquiries and Reservations. Phone: (05278) 232023
Faizabad Railway Station; Enquiries and Reservations. Phone: (05278) 139
But if you are looking to visit Ayodhya city by road then the details are –
UPSRTC Bus Stand. Ayodhya. Phone: (05278) 232067.
UPSRTC Bus Stand, Faizabad. Phone: (05278) 222964.
Accommodation in Ayodhya city
Sri Ram Hotel, near Dant Dhawan Kund. Phones: 05278-232512, 232474.
Ram Dham Guest House, near Railway Station Road. Phone: 05278-232791
Ram Anugsah Vishram Sadan, Chhoti Chhawani Marg. Phones: 05278-223142,
Kanak Bhawan Dharamshala. Phone: 05278-232024.
Birla Dharamshala, Bus Station. Phone: 05278-232252.
Gujrat Bhawan Dharamshala, near Bus Station. Phone: 05278-232075.
Jain Dharamshala. Rai Ganj. Phone: 05278-232308.
Janaki Mahal Trust Dharamshala, Naya Ghat. Phones: 05278-232032.
Pandit Banshidhar Dharamshala, Naya Ghat.
Ram Charit Manas Trust Dharamshala.
Regional Tourist Office, House No. 1-3/152/4, near Pusparaj Guest House, Civil Lines, Faizabad, UP. Phone: (05278) 223214.
Government of UP Assistant Tourist Office, Pathik Niwas Saket, Near Railway Station, Ayodhya. Phone: (05278) 232435.
Other useful information for tourism
Faizabad is also a very popular place in Uttart Pradesh. It is popularly known for Saadat khan, the second Nawab of Awadh. It is only 6 Km away from the Ayodhya city. So, it is also a good place for tourism interest. Patan Devi is also located near Ayodhya. It is only 44 Km away from the city.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...