Tourism to Agra city
About Agra city
Agra is a very popular city which is well known around the world for its tourism places especially because of Taj Mahal. Agra is situated in Uttar Pradesh and it is well connected with major cities like Lucknow, Varanasi, Delhi, Chardigarh, Mathura, etc. The major airport of city is Keria airport which is 6 Km from the Agra town. Many tourists and travelers visit Agra to watch magnificent Taj Mahal from a great Mughal Emperor to his beloved. Every year Agra gets blessed with thousands of tourists. Agra covers 188.40 Sq. km. area with the approx. population of 1,686,976 (2010 estimate). It is situated at 169 metres above the sea level. There are many Mughal forts and tourism attractions in Agra.
Places of interest in Agra city
1) Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal was built by Shahjahan as a memorial to his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. This beautiful moment looks same from all its sides! This wonder was built by the craftsmens which were invited from Italy and Persia.
Open: All days except FRIDAY
Timings: Sunrise to Sunset
Distance: 9.7 Kms. (East gate)
2) The Agra Fort – Akbar, the great Mughal emperor had started the construction of this Fort in 1666 AD. It is also a good tourism attraction in Agra city.
3) Chini Ka Rauza – It was built in 1635 by Afzal Khan Aalmi entitled "Maula Shukrullah, Shirazi".
4) Taj Nature Walk – The 70 acres covered natural forest area of Taj Mahal gives an excellent view of Taj Mahal. It is 500 metres away from the eastern gate of Taj Mahal.
5) Samadh of Soamji Maharaj
6) Ram Bagh
7) Mehtab Bagh – It is located on the bank of the Yamuna river and located opposite to the Taj Mahal.
8) Itimad-ud-daula's : Tomb (Baby Taj)
9) Mariyam's Tomb
The other major tourism places of Agra city are Jama Masjid, Buddhamath, Temples, Gurudwaras, Churches, Mosques and Jain Temples.
Restaurant and Travel Agents in Agra city
Dasa Prakash, (South Indian) Gwalior Road, Ph: (0562) 2463535, 2463535
Only Restaurant, Taj Road, PAC Crossing, Ph: (0562) 2226834
Pizza Hut, Fatehabad Road, Ph: (0562) 2333051
Priya Restaurant, Fatehabad Road, Ph: (0562) 2231579, 9412258533
Maya Restaurant Purani Mandi crossing (0562) 233218
If you are thinking to visit Agra tourism and looking for travel agents. The given below are the major -
Travel Bureau, Fatehabad Road, Ph: (0562) 233111
Taj Tour & Travels Fatehabad Road Ph: (0562) 2231367
Uptours, Tourist Bunglow, Raja ki Mandi, Ph: (0562) 2850120, 2851720
Travel Corporation (i) Hotel Clarks Shiraz, Ph: (0562) 2226521-23
Other information about Agra city
For entertainment, tourists can visit to Golf Course, Circuit House Campus, Taj Road and swimming pools at various hotels in the city. Agra city is not only popular for monuments and forts but also for fabulous handicrafts, softstone inlay work, marbles, etc. It is well known that Agra has many great patrons of the Mughals. The city has a number of malls for shopping which is approved by the UP government.
Tourists Information about Agra city
Language Hindi, Urdu, English
Temperature Summer - 21.90 C - 45.00 C
Winter - 4.20 C 31.70 C
Rainfall 67 cm. Average yearly
Clothes Summer - Cotton
Winter – Woolens
The other useful information is Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Police Line Agra, Tel : 9454401717 (LIU)
No responses found. Be the first to comment...