You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttar Pradesh Updates

Allahabad High Court bans media from discussion security movement issues

Media is known for creating sensation on various issues and recently the issue of arms and ammunition and even movement of the army has been reported time and again both by print and electronic media. Media is instrumental in changing public opinion and it was felt by many that issues related to nation's security need not be on public domain in the manner it has been done or even overdone by media. Taking cognizance of this the Allahabad High Court has ordered on a PIL that the media will not be able to publish and broadcast any news related to movement of the troops.

HamaraUP members may discuss whether it amounts to interfering with the independence of the media or a right step in the interest of national security.
    Hello Sukhdev sir,

Actually there is some maintenance work going on so plesae try posting after some days. If you still face some problem after few days, you can contact me.

Webmaster
    HamaraUP

Dear Webmaster,

Response 1573 seems to be misplaced as it was meant for my other post today. I would be glad to know your response to this post as well.

Regards.

Hello Sir,

Sorry for the misplacement of the response. Actually I had opened all the newly posted forum topics by you. So I might have posted the respeonse at the wrong place.

As far as my view on this topic is concerned, I think it is a good oder by the Allahabad high court regarding non updation of any news related to movement of the troops in print or electronic media. Reorting of these activiteis often make these troops soft tagrets for attacks or any other harm.

Webmaster
    HamaraUP

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.