You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Discuss: Are you think that compulsary voting rule should be a necessory demand for our democrative

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Are you think that compulsary voting rule should be a necessory demand for our democrative system.'.
    Dear friends it was an unlucky for our state that only 50-55% voters choose the government which rule over 100% population.It encourage corrupt as well as criminal record politiciations that if they turn 30% of total voting percentage or 15% of total voters they able to wining the election.We are the citizen of largest democratic country of world and largest state of country but we not aware of our freedom or right to vote even after 63 years of 1st republic day.
    Out of total 32 democratic countries of world 12 have mandatory voting rule and in them voting percentage are upto 90%.Some of these countries have the punishment on not to vote.So we should think on this issue.
    Hai Anurag,

I agree with the comment that the voting should be compulsory to all so that the vote for each one will be utilized.

As you have given the statistics that's only 50-55% voters use their vote and the government rules over 100% population.

So it should be mandate teach one to utilize their votes effectively so that a good person should go up till the formation of the government and with that we can get a government with corruption free people and that could be initiate for out country to name in the developed country.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi

Hello Anurag and pawan,

I think making voting compulsory will alone will not solve the problem. The problem lies the basis on which we give our votes to particular candidate. For example for Uttar Prdaesh 2012 assembly election the most important agenda is reservation, caste, distributing free stuffs etc. No body is talking about development of Uttar Pradesh. And the voters are of similar mentality, that they select such candidates. So my view is that whatever may be the percentage of voting, that be based on genuine agendas.

Webmaster
    HamaraUP

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.