You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: Do you think batting powerplay has benefited the teams or it has not.

As I have experienced that in majority of the matches, batting powerplay has not benefited the teams. Instead some teams have played exceptionally well without powerplay and scored good runs.
    Faizan thanks for bringing some exceptionally good post to this forum and you have made me happy. I too feel that without powerplay the teams are scoring best runs and providing us the wholesome cricket. But batting with powerplay has not benefited many teams. Hope ICC must take not of this and do some changes.
    A Member who does not belongs to UP but still contributes to this site on daily basis

Hi,
    This is really a very good and interesting question. Batting powerplay sometimes help the batting side to help create very huge scores. the situation has to be kept in mind while taking the batting powerplay. There are few things that should be kept in mind while taking the batting powerplay. They are as follows:

1). You should have the best hitters of your side when taking the batting powerplay.

2). The batsman should have spend some time in the middle.

3). You should always keep in mind to avoid the batting powerplay if not needed.

Regards
    Prashant kumar

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.